Search This Blog

Poem

Nothing is Enough // Or everything is not enough. // I have a hunger... //// The hunger is me. // If I feed it, it wants more. // Mostly, it wants something else. //// A wise person, said STOP. //

Friday, June 19, 2020

SHORTY: Safety first

The most dangerous person is someone who has nothing to lose. If a person isn't safe, they will go to great lengths to become safe. So, more than guns or drunk drivers, we should watch out for people who don't feel safe. And let's find ways to talk about it, bring it into the open.

The least safe people I know are zealots of all sorts. Who think their way of thinking is the only acceptable one. Because, for them, my existence as an "other" makes them feel unsafe.

I am continually inspired by monks who have nothing yet carry themselves with such safety. And I am continually shocked by those with 10,000 or 10,000,000 dollars who feel so incredibly unsafe.

Think about your own safety. How often do you feel safe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Castle, The Watcher, and The Guardian

The slogan "Nothing is Enough" may give the impression that this is "anything goes". It is not. Some have said that you ...

Popular Posts