Search This Blog

Poem

Nothing is Enough // Or everything is not enough. // I have a hunger... //// The hunger is me. // If I feed it, it wants more. // Mostly, it wants something else. //// A wise person, said STOP. //

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

An old poem of mine

 I wrote this poem about 20 years ago. It wasn't aimed at Buddhism per se (wasn't a Buddhist then), but it touches at watching and inconstancy and the earnest desire for wisdom of another way. Nowadays, it fits really well in some ways and so so in other ways.


You cannot ignore what goes on inside you.

You have to make things
   beautiful.

You cannot sit idly by while your heart dances in agony and delight.

Let me never forget the beauty of inconsistency and limbo within which I exist, that does not demand my awe or pity, but demands my attention.




(I was in a rental room in San Jose, interning at IBM, miserable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Castle, The Watcher, and The Guardian

The slogan "Nothing is Enough" may give the impression that this is "anything goes". It is not. Some have said that you ...

Popular Posts