Search This Blog

Poem

Nothing is Enough // Or everything is not enough. // I have a hunger... //// The hunger is me. // If I feed it, it wants more. // Mostly, it wants something else. //// A wise person, said STOP. //

Monday, February 24, 2020

SHORTY: hungry ghosts

I think I have heard a Buddhist explanation of hungry ghosts. What makes them hungry is that there's something they crave to feed on. Could be physical food. It could be revenge. It could be finding sympathy for their complaints. It could be anything. And what makes it's a tragic story is that they're doomed to never actually find the thing that satisfies their craving.

I wonder sometimes whether people act like hungry ghosts. Whether I act like a hungry ghost.

I wonder, what are the causes of becoming hungry ghost. And what are the causes for the ending of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Castle, The Watcher, and The Guardian

The slogan "Nothing is Enough" may give the impression that this is "anything goes". It is not. Some have said that you ...

Popular Posts