Search This Blog

Poem

Nothing is Enough // Or everything is not enough. // I have a hunger... //// The hunger is me. // If I feed it, it wants more. // Mostly, it wants something else. //// A wise person, said STOP. //

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Eureka: loving kindness to my racing mind

Today, I had a breakthrough. In a retreat with bruni davila focusing on Metta, I experienced loving kindness towards my racing mind. It opened and released something I hadn't felt before. I realized I was gripping around my racing mind, having made great efforts to try to tame it.

I know all about racing mind for a long time. I have done so much Metta, I thought I knew it through and through. I didn't have much ill will that needed Metta any more.

Today, with some instruction on just seeing it, just feeling it, and saying okay with some ease--the moment was right and my mind was racing. And I faced it not with the usual "go away". I faced with with loving kindness, non aggression.

It was immediate and poignant. I had not done this before. This is a different route. Even as I write this, with a racing mind, I am reacting with loving kindness, not my usual hardness.

Eureka! Loving kindness when I'm triggered by an unruly, racing mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

The Castle, The Watcher, and The Guardian

The slogan "Nothing is Enough" may give the impression that this is "anything goes". It is not. Some have said that you ...

Popular Posts